Thursday, December 31, 2009

Running

I had a really good run today. It was hard, particularly getting started. It was foggy and a little chilly, even at 10:00. I left with the goal of running 2:30 and then walking 2:30, but I had to shorten the runs at first and as I got near the end. I also shortened the walk intervals too though. I wore the heart rate monitor strap on the Garmin Forerunner 305, I wanted to take a look at the data... yeah, that's the engineer in me! LOL

To make use of the data, I made program where the length of my intervals are controlled by my heart rate. Run until HR gets above 160, walk until it gets below 135. That should be some interesting torture for next time!

Anyway, the results! I ran 4:04 miles with an average pace of 13:34, records for me in both time and distance! :) I had a peak pace of 8:17, I am sure that was for a very short burst. I tried to kick it in hard up my street on the way home. :)

Darren

1 comment: